Maybe you’ve heard all the hype, but a lot of us are still wondering, what is moon water, really?
We did some digging and found out everything you wanted (or at least should want) to know about this new trend.
Moon water is a unique elixir that has been charged under the moon. It rests outside, where it can absorb lunar energies to charge up into something truly special.
But why is it special?
Just like the tides of the ocean, our bodies change with the moon phases. We also require different things during each lunar phase. Charged water carries the moon’s energy which can be used to help you get in touch with your lunar cycle and with manifesting. It can also help you cleanse and recharge yourself physically, mentally, and spiritually.
It is a perfect way to tap into a new sense of lunar awareness. It’s an easy way to make use of this powerful force for good!
The History of the Moon Cycle
Tracking lunar cycles is an ancient practice. Humans have been following the moon cycle for millennia as a way of predicting things. It might surprise you what different matters were attempted to be understood by this natural phenomenon:
- Knowing when to plant or harvest crops
- Predicting childbirth dates
- Supporting religious ceremonies
- Finding the best fishing times
- Foretelling conception
The phases of the moon have also been known to affect human behavior and emotions, as well as the tides, and certain animals’ behavior. The moon is also said to affect a person’s emotional state, overall health, and sleep cycle. Hard to believe, right?
Bear with me for a moment.
Researchers actually found that the moon’s gravitational pull may influence heart health! There is also scientific evidence the moon cycles affect our sleep. It has also been found that there is a relationship between births and the full moon. One last example: researchers studied people investing in the stock market to find the reason for a regular change in patterns. It was found that investors are significantly influenced by the full moon. Their more aggressive, disordered emotional state resulted in making more bad calls!
Who knew that full moons had such a huge impact on the world?
What are Lunar Cycles?
Now that we know more about the history, lets jump right in to learn how we can harness this power for good.
Of course, we should learn about the lunar cycle. This is the time it takes for one complete orbit of the moon around Earth. It works out to about 27 days. Lunar cycles are often divided into eight different phases: two new moons, two waxing crescents, two first quarters, two waxing gibbons, and the full moon. Each of these phases has its own unique energy and characteristics.
The first quarter is all about action and executing plans. The waxing gibbon is a time for embracing your femininity and intuition. The second quarter is a time for using your unique gifts for personal growth and make connections with others. The full moon is a time to celebrate your growth and release old baggage. Finally, just before the new moon begins again it’s a time to release anything still holding you back.
How to Use Moon Water
Moon water is a way to get in touch with the lunar cycle. It carries energies that can be used to help you with manifesting energies. It’s useful for charging your body and mind, as well as recharging spirit or home energies!
There are many ways to use it according to the current lunar event. Here are a few examples:
- The new moon is a time for beginnings and fresh starts. Focus on setting your intention and goals for the month ahead. You can use water charged under a new moon to help you with this process. Try using it to cleanse negative energy in a space. You could even use it to cleanse crystals and sacred objects.
- The waxing crescent is a time for growth and expansion. You can use moon water to help you grow in all areas of your life. Try using it while you try out a new ritual, like meditation or yoga.
- The first quarter is a time for taking action and putting your plans into motion. You can use moon charged water to help you stay focused and motivated during this time. Try using a spritz of moon water while you work on a new project.
- The waxing gibbon is a time for embracing your femininity and intuition. You can use moon water to help you connect with your intuition and feminine energy. You could use a spritz of moon water while you get creative with a new activity like scrapbooking.
- The second quarter is a time for using your gifts to achieve goals and connect with others. You can use moon charged water to help you do this. You could use a spritz of moon water to cleanse your aura before you go out with a group of friends.
- The full moon is a time for celebration, release, and leting go of what no longer serves you. You can use full moon water to help you with this process. You could use water charged under a full moon as a room spray to set the vibe while you write in a gratitude journal.
- Finally, just before the new moon begins again it’s a time to release any final attachments or fears that are holding you back. You can use moon water for this purpose as well. Try cleansing your aura with moon water before setting intentions for the upcoming lunar cycle.
Moon Water Benefits
There are many benefits to using charged moon water. Some of the benefits include:
- Moon water helps you to get in touch with the lunar cycle.
- Moon water carries energies that can be used to help you with manifesting energies.
- You can use it to recharge your body, mind, spirit, and home.
- Each lunar cycle is associated with one specific energy.
- There are many ways to use it during different moons.
Each of these benefits can be helpful in achieving your goals and living a more fulfilling life. Moon water is a simple way to connect with the lunar cycle and access its energies.
Where to Buy Moon Water
To make it as simple as possible, we offer moon water in a handy spray bottle here at the Oakville Store. You can find the whole product line at the Moonwater Brand page. Their Sage Plus Clearing Spray is made with water charged under the full moon. It is blended with White Sage for its ability to assist in clearing negative energy. It even has clear quartz crystals in each bottle which encourage positive energy. Simply spray into the air around you, the corners of a room, or onto crystals to charge them.
You can also download our free printable lunar calendar for 2022 which will help you identify when each moon phase is happening. That way, you can work with the moon phases to harness all of that lunar energy!
Let Moon Water Work for You
To sum it all up, moon water is a way to get in touch with the moon’s power. Moon water carries energies that can be used to help you with manifesting energies. You can use moon water to recharge your body, mind, spirit, and home. There are many ways to use moon water during different moons. Each of these benefits can be helpful in achieving your goals and living a more fulfilling life.
Even if you aren’t sure that there is such a thing as lunar energy, it can’t hurt to give following the moon’s cycle a try. Firstly, it’s a good way to test its effects for yourself. Secondly, being on the moon’s schedule isn’t such a bad thing. Regularly setting intentions and goals, taking action, celebrating our successes, and taking time for healing never hurt anyone.